June 25, 2011

Household Organization

Hi all,

Today I took a look on the net at the ways that some others have successfully organized and kept up their households. My favorite method so far, and I have yet to put it into practice, is one I found on moneysavingmom.com . It utilizes charts with todo lists and keeps everything in an organized fashion. I have a hard time remembering what needs to be done and this is going to eliminate the "what next" phenomena I often times suffer from.
What I like the most about this method is that everything is clearly organized and layed out so that each day, at each time of day you know what you should be doing to maintain a clean and organized home. I have tailored mine to fit our families needs. I found somethings unecessary such as load and unload the dishwasher since I am the dish washer in this home :P So I took those off the lists and added other things like unload the dish drainer... etc.
I rearranged my living room yesterday and finally got all of the stuff put away that had been lingering and in need of organization. My task for next week is to tackle the desk **gasp** and then my bedroom, which has become the storage dumping ground for all the things that we dont use right now but will need, i.e. camping gear, baby clothes in the next size up, winter gear like snow jackets and boots, and other things that simply are too expensive to get rid of now and get new next season. I am hoping to invest in a rubbermaid storage shed from Costco in the near future so that my house can get to a manageable fullness without all the extra storage of things inside of it that I cant get rid of but don't necessarily want in my house taking up space.
Tomorrow is church and coupon day so I am excited, off to bed with me. A well rested mamma is much better prepared to handle the days adventures, especially when they include all day excursions to the city :)
Good night and God Bless!

No comments: