July 2, 2011

The Journey Ahead, litearally

Tomorrow morning we will be embarking on a 7+ hour drive toward Chico to visit my good friend Alyssa and her parents. I am so excited to see them. They treat us like family and it blesses our heart. I love how God expands your family to include others that will help guide and protect you.

Jerry and Laurie have helped us in so many ways. I truly value their opinions and guidance, it hasn't failed me yet and I feel blessed to have someone to go to for those tough situations that you just don't know what to do with.

I have a group of people that mentor me, though I don't think that they are fully aware of the mentorship that's occurring. Sometimes as a young mom, wife, daughter and friend it is hard for me to find my ground in situations that are complicated by the past that ties and binds me. Its at these times that I look toward my mentors and they generally help guide me in the direction that I should go. If you read this, thank you my mentors!! I am sure you now know who you are :)

No comments: